Due to the expansion of opportunity presented to The Bid Team we are currently looking to appoint another established and experienced bid writer to work at our offices in Guildford on a permanent basis.
Suitable candidates will have vision, drive and the desire to excel in the work winning sector covering a host of different industries. The candidate will be looking for an opportunity to join an organisation where they can make a positive contribution to its on-going growth, with opportunities for role development and promotion. Salary range depending on experience.
- Leading the preparation and collation of high quality tender submission material, ensuring high standards of accuracy and document control against agreed deadlines.
- Ensuring adherence to proposal process – pursue opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the proposal process.
- Managing and writing complex tender responses, from initial contact to submission, and hand over to delivery teams.
- Reviewing and editing proposals to ensure consistent flow, effective market positioning, and high quality of writing throughout the document.
- Able to build a client solutions.
- Assisting sales in creating sales support documents when needed.
- Providing material that can be used by account team to respond independently to customer requests for tender.
- Self-motivation and initiative, with a focus for detail and drive to produce high quality results.
- Formal construction industry training, preferably educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience of construction delivery; preferably within the rail sector.
- Excellent communication skills and written English.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and an adaptability to deal with changing project requirements.
- Good organisation and people management skills.
- Experience of developing and delivering presentations.
- Experience in the following sectors a benefit; IT, Engineering, Rail, Construction.