The Bid Team’s environmental policy is achieved through the commitment of management and employees in meeting objectives, targets and continual improvements in our documented environmental systems. The policy, procedures are communicated to all staff at induction and through our intranet.
The Bid Team recognises the importance to preserve and protect our natural environment for our future generations. We are committed to the sustainable use of natural resources. As a company we endeavour to:
- Support suppliers of product and services who adopt environmental policies and standard.
- Operate facilities and conduct all activities taking into consideration energy conservation, waste minimization and pollution prevention.
- Comply with local environmental legislation and requirements which are relevant to our operations.
The Bid Team’s policy is achieved through the commitment of management and employees in meeting objectives, targets and continual improvements in our documented environmental systems.
Our decisions are based on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of carbon emission impact. We include the broader environmental impact, e.g. when car use is unavoidable, we take a neutral stance on hybrids compared to conventional, pending authoritative analysis of the environmental impact of making the batteries and disposing of waste which cannot be recycled. We are constantly reviewing the suitability and applicability of industry standards that can be applied to our services. The Bid Team currently promotes the following environmental procedures throughout the company:
- To develop, maintain and promote working procedures which are designed to minimise impact upon the environment.
- To ensure all staff are fully aware of ways in which they can minimise environmental impact, and that appropriate procedures are followed where possible.
- To provide lines of communication to enable the capture and incorporation of new ideas into Company working procedures.
The Bid Team is committed to being a socially responsible organisation and wherever possible to reduce energy consumption and recycle used products. Examples of this commitment are:
- Documents are scanned in and distributed electronically to employees and customers avoiding unnecessary duplication documents and paper wastage.
- Monitors installed are ‘energy saving’ with power-save facility on automatic timing.
- Paper documents no longer required are shredded and the paper recycled.
As a tenant we rarely dictate the build standards of properties. However, in the selection of newly leased offices we verify that the structure is well insulated, including the pipe work, and double glazed. Low energy lighting is required, and motion detector switches are usually available.
We have no company cars. They may be replaced by employee-owned vehicles, but their absence emphasises our policies advocating cycling to work, use of public transport and car sharing. When travelling between home and office is still necessary we encourage environmentally-friendly options. There is a cycle to work initiative, and we advocate the use of public transport between home and office and for business journeys. If a car is the only viable way to get to the office, then we suggest car sharing.