The Minister for the Cabinet Office acting through Crown Commercial Service is looking for a provider for a software package and information systems framework. This contract is valued at £1.95 billion.
Crown Commercial Service is putting in place a framework agreement for use by UK public sector bodies identified at VI.3 (and any future successors to these organisations), which include Central Government Departments and their arm’s length bodies and agencies, non departmental public bodies, NHS bodies, local authorities and universities.
The framework is split into the following lots:
- Lot 1: Cloud Hosting-£350m
- G-Cloud cloud hosting suppliers will provide services in at least one of these categories:Archiving, backup and disaster recovery, Compute and application hosting, Container service, Content delivery network, Cyber security, Database, Data warehousing, NoSQL database, Relational database, Load balancing, Logging and analysis, Message queuing and processing, Networking (including Network as a Service), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure and platform security, Distributed denial of service attack (DDOS) protection, Firewall, Service intrusion detection, Protective monitoring, Search, Storage, Block storage, Object storage.
- Lot 2: Cloud Software-£350m
- G-Cloud cloud software suppliers will provide cloud software services in at least one of these categories: Accounting and finance, Analytics and business intelligence, Application security, Collaborative working, Creative, design and publishing, Customer relationship management (CRM), Cyber security, Electronic document and records management (EDRM), Healthcare, Human resources and employee management, Information and communication technology (ICT), Legal and enforcement, Marketing, Operations management, Project management and planning, Sales, Schools, education and libraries, Software development tools, Transport and logistics
- Lot 3: Cloud Support-£1.25bn
- G-Cloud cloud support suppliers will provide Services in at least one of these categories: Non-accredited cyber security services, Planning, Setup and migration, Testing, Training, Ongoing support, Additional services, through lot 3 only, must support buyers in their transition to cloud services.A description for additional services must be included by the Supplier and it must be G-Cloud service-related. Additional services must help the supplier with its main G-Cloud services offering. Non-G-Cloud services will be removed from the digital marketplace. Additional services must not include:Services that aren’t cloud-related recruitment or contractor (contingent labour) Services or Services that are inside IR35 ‘colocation’ services, for example space the buyer rents from a supplier’s, Datacentre, Hardware, Bespoke design or development.
The duration of the framework is a year with the option to renew for any period up to another year subject to a decision from the Cabinet Office.
The deadline for the submission of tenders is 22 April.
How can we help?
The Bid Team’s bidding experts have many years’ experience and proven records of successfully bidding into the public sector. To find out more about our success, you can visit our case studies page. Alternatively, fill out the form below to get in touch.