All personal information transmitted or otherwise submitted to The Bid Team via this website shall only be used by The Bid Team to the extent permitted by applicable legislation.
- Mark Protheroe, Data Protection Officer
- Phone Number: 0203 475 8550
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: The Bid Team, Jeffries House, Jeffries Passage, Guildford, GU1 4AP
What information is collected about me by The Bid Team and how?
The Bid Team collects information about you for the purposes of project management, statistical and marketing analysis/surveys, administration and legal purposes, client references, and to help us in any future dealings with you, for example by identifying your requirements and preferences and to advise you of other services offered by. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.thebidteam.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, employment information, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
What non-personally identifiable information does The Bid Team collect?
The Bid Team may also collect non-personally identifiable information (that is, information that does not specifically identify you), such as aggregate use statistics. We may collect some basic information about your computer and Internet connections, including: your Internet protocol address, your operating system (e.g. Windows or Mac), your browser software (e.g. Netscape or Internet Explorer), your Internet Service Provider (e.g. BT or Virgin), your geographic location. The Bid Team collects this information to improve its own web-site services, for example, to diagnose problems with our server, or administering our website.
What does The Bid Team use the data for?
The Bid Team uses information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
How is my information stored by The Bid Team?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
During the course of our relationship with you we will retain personal data which is necessary to provide services to you. We will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data up to date throughout our relationship. We are subject to regulatory requirements to retain your data for specified minimum periods, depending on the type of contract and/or advice.
The Bid Team will keep information for five years from the last interaction with your organisation or until it is requested to be removed by the individual. All information issued through our CRM has the ability to unsubscribe from marketing material.
Will my data be disclosed?
The Bid Team will not disclose your personal data to other organisations other than as necessary for the purposes for which you have supplied your information or to meet legal obligations. However, information may be made available to our suppliers which may include companies outside the European Union. In certain circumstances The Bid Team will offer you the means to disallow consent to disclosure throughout The Bid Team by indicating in a box at the point on the site where personal data is collected or by contacting our Data Protection Officer. We may also engage third parties to process information on our behalf subject to appropriate security protections being in place. We may also disclose personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation or if necessary for legal proceedings.
The Bid Team may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Bid Team or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
What are your rights?
You have the right to:
- Request deletion of your personal data. We will comply with this request, subject to the restrictions of our regulatory obligations and legitimate interests.
- Request a copy of the personal information that we have about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please email or write to us using the contact details noted below.
- Ask us to update or correct your personal information, subject to certain requirements, for example proof of ID to amend the spelling of your name.
- Ask that we restrict the processing of your personal information where appropriate.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
A session cookie, also known as a transient cookie, is a cookie that is erased when you close the web browser. The session cookie is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect information from your computer. They typically will store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
A persistent cookie, also known as a permanent cookie, or a stored cookie, is a cookie that is stored on your hard drive until it expires (persistent cookies are set with expiration dates) or until you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies are used to collect identifying information about the user, such as web surfing behaviour or user preferences for a specific website.