HealthTrust Europe LLP acting as agent for the University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust are looking to appoint a provider for a surgical implants service. This framework is valued at £7.5m.
On this contract, the supplier will supply hernia mesh repair accessories and fixation devices. The framework is divided into the following lots:
- lot 1: Synthetic Hernia Mesh: Non-absorbable
- Suppliers are expected to offer synthetic hernia mesh (non-absorbable) in a variety of material such as PL (polyester), PP (polypropylene), PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene), ePTFE (expanded polytetrafluoroethylene) or combinations (e-PTFE/PP).
- lot 2: Synthetics Hernia Mesh: Absorbable
- Suppliers are expected to offer synthetic hernia meshes (absorbable) in a variety of materials such as polyester and PTFE combined, PP or PET base coated with absorbable polymers or absorbable polymer polyglactin. Products should be offered with self-fixating or fixating free properties, different pore shapes and sizes, various weights, categories, and knit options, hydrophilic properties, biodegradable, biocompatible and can supply products in a variety of sizes.
- lot 3: Biological/Biosynthetics
- Suppliers are expected to offer biological hernia mesh in an organic biomaterial such as porcine or bovine or human. Products should be offered with self-fixating or fixating free properties, different pore shapes and sizes, various weights, categories, and knit options, hydrophilic properties and can be supplied products in a variety of sizes.
- lot 4: Fixation Devices and Accessories
- Suppliers are expected to offer a choice and range of devices that offer pre-loaded and/or self-loading fixation features and a variety of fixation compatible devices such as glue, straps and tacks. Fixation devices must have high retention rates and should be available in a variety of fixation angles.
The duration of this framework is two years with the option to extend the contract for a further period of two years.
The deadline for submission of tenders is 19 February.
How can we help?
The Bid Team’s bidding experts have many years’ experience and proven records of successfully bidding into the public sector. To find out more about our success, you can visit our case studies page. Alternatively, fill out the form below to get in touch.