The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs has announced a contract opportunity to deliver a Research Vessel (RV) management services contract to:
- employ the staff required to deliver the service to the Authority,
- provide staff training and experience so that key skills identified by the Authority are developed (and not lost),
- safely manage and maintain the vessel as if by a first-class owner to the standards required to provide cost-effective delivery of the Annual Survey Programme, minimise Vessel downtime and keep the Vessel in a first-class condition for an operational life of 30 years,
- assist the Authority in optimising the use of the RV and schedule the use of other vessels to meet Authority requirements,
- assist the Authority in the safe and efficient management of operations on third-party vessels,
- ensure compliance with legislation, safety of navigation and operational procedures, environmental standards and good working practices,
- provide a safe, cost-effect management, construction and maintenance service for all survey equipment as instructed by the Authority,
- implement continuous improvements to the service.
The contract is for 13 years and estimated to be worth £60m.
How can we help?
The Bid Team’s bidding experts have many years’ experience and proven records of successfully bidding into the public sector. To find out more about our success, you can visit our case studies page. Alternatively, you can call 0203 475 8550 to speak to one of our experts today.