The University of Birmingham, in partnership with the University of Nottingham, are looking for a provider to supply a legal framework worth an estimated £3.5 million.
The framework will cover a number of key areas:
- information law,
- academy sponsorship and governance matters,
- higher education law including authority duties, charity law and corporate governance and compliance,
- litigation in respect of contracts, grants, personal injury claims, negligence claims, breach of statutory duty,
- land and property transactions, (freehold, leasehold), property litigation and some minor agricultural tenancy matters,
- commercial law advice and assistance relevant to the universities’ operations including contracts, procurement, IT specific matters, research grants, intellectual property, copyright issues and matters connected to overseas operations. (includes legal support for development and construction work),
- employment related matters, (contentious and non-contentious) and including health and safety, immigration and pensions,
- student related matters including contractual, procedural and statutory matters (including discrimination), some case-work/litigation and immigration,
- licensing matters,
- litigation work in respect of debt recovery,
- professional regulatory advice on legal practice,
- banking, corporate and spin-out support,
- international law and the formation of international collaborations, company formation and acquisition,
- intellectual property (contentious and non-contentious).
The duration of this contract is 5 years.
Interested parties must submit tenders by 11 October
How can we help?
The Bid Team’s bidding experts have many years’ experience and proven records of successfully bidding into the public sector. To find out more about our success, you can visit our case studies page. Alternatively, fill out the form below to get in touch.