The University of Southampton are looking for a provider to complete construction work on residential buildings. The contract is worth £11.6 million.
this tender is for maintenance and refurbishment work on the two oldest accommodation blocks at the university, Montefiore A & B. Works required shall include:
- complete refurbishment of all rooms and communal spaces,
- complete refurbishment of M&E services including recommendations for alteration to roof storage tank rooms and ground floor service duct position,
- additional kitchens on each floor to Montefiore A,
- create a bedroom by reducing the large kitchen already in Montefiore A,
- create much improved kitchen facilities,
- manage modern methods of construction practices for circa 300 bedroom pods and 150 bathroom pods on a constrained live site.
The scope for the enabling work is as defined in the Hoare Lea, Faulkner Browns and WFBA documents which includes:
- strip out of asbestos. A risk assessment is issued with the tender documents. An R&D survey commissioned by the University will be issued as an addendum to the tender to assist with this pricing,
- strip out loose and fixed furniture and equipment. The contractor is required to visit the buildings to ascertain the quantity of strip out,
- strip out mechanical and electrical services. In the absence of record drawings, the contractor is required to visit the buildings to ascertain the scope of the strip out,
- strip out floor and wall finishes,
- the IT strip out, where stipulated, by IT subcontractor meeting UoS requirements and protection of retained IT infrastructure,
- demolition of non-structural internal partitions.
As defined in the Hoare Lea, Faulkner Browns and WFBA documents which broadly includes:
- new wall openings with associated structure,
- new partitions and over boarding/insulation of inside face of external walls,
- full internal refurbishment including replacement of all MEP services and IT requirements,
- new bedroom, kitchen/dining and bathroom layouts,
- new loose and fixed furniture and equipment,
- window and curtain wall replacement,
- cleaning external façade,
- entrance canopy recladding,
- ground floor projecting architectural ‘boxing’ around curtain walling,
- re-roofing and rationalisation of roof services distribution and enclosure,
- minor hard and soft landscape, including some lighting.
The duration of the contract is 1 1/2 years.
The deadline for receipt of tenders to participate is 11 December.
How can we help?
The Bid Team’s bidding experts have many years’ experience and proven records of successfully bidding into the public sector. To find out more about our success, you can visit our case studies page. Alternatively, fill out the form below to get in touch.