whg are looking for a provider of construction materials in a contract worth £50 million.
They are looking for the successful candidate to supply the following:
- provide a managed stores service at 1 main stores site and 2 satellite stores sites,
- provide a delivery service and counter service,
- provide a Van Stock management service from contract commencement which ideally should include consignment stock,
- purchase and supply of products, materials, power tools and equipment,
- hire and supply of power tools, plant and equipment,
- management, inspection, testing and repair services for whg owned power tools, ladders and equipment,
- integration with whg existing mobile working solutions for Van Stock management system and voids,
- supply chain management and logistics service for efficient supply of materials to whg,
- the service model to focus on improving and increasing deliveries to whg colleagues working at sites,
- the service model to focus on improving the reduction of counter service collections by whg colleagues,
- the service model to focus on implementing and management of Van Stock deliveries to whg colleagues working at sites and/or to nominated muster points,
- performance targets with service credits,
- provision of product forums for innovation enabling product and/or cost saving initiatives,
- online ordering facilities,
- electronic messages for notification of orders, deliveries, available collections of products and services,
- provision of an electronic product catalogue with images, units of measure, weights, categories, manufacturers and manufacturers codes (SKU’s),
- online access to management information and reporting,
- ability to view the service provider’s current stock levels and availability,
- provision of daily consolidated invoicing,
- management fee reviewed annually and all increases capped at a maximum of CPI,
- management fee reviewed annually with a 50/50 gain share between whg and the service provider for agreed management fee cost savings to whg,
- provision of a product catalogue price file with fixed prices, reviewed annually, with all agreed price increases capped at a maximum of CPI,
- provision of a product catalogue price file with fixed prices, reviewed annually, with all price decreases agreed throughout the year refunded retrospectively,
- provision of a Van Stock management service from contract commencement which ideally should include consignment stock,
- regular benchmarking of product costs,
- enhanced rebate systems, best prices available in the market and volume discounts,
- key performance indicator targets,
- service credits payable to whg,
- the provision of daily consolidated invoicing,
- COSHH data available electronically via a management information portal,
- social value agreement and adoption,
- discount scheme for whg customers.
The contract will start 1 April 2020 and has an initial term of 4 years. There is provision for 3 optional 2 year extensions to the initial term.
The time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate is 05 December.
How can we help?
The Bid Team’s bidding experts have many years’ experience and proven records of successfully bidding into the public sector. To find out more about our success, you can visit our case studies page. Alternatively, fill out the form below to get in touch.